Northbrook Estate Planning Attorneys
Helping Clients throughout Chicagoland with Estate Planning Needs
Do you know what will happen to your assets upon your death? How can you ensure that your final wishes will be fulfilled and executed? Careful estate planning and well-drafted legal documentation can save your loved ones time, money, and stress in carrying out your final wishes and distributing your estate.
At The Wochner Law Firm, our Northbrook, Illinois estate planning attorneys have been helping clients throughout the Chicago area with their estate planning needs since 1973. Contact the knowledgeable Northbrook estate planning lawyers at The Wochner Law Firm to learn more about how we can help you document your wishes through a carefully-drafted estate plan.
For more than 35 years, the Northbrook estate planning attorneys at The Wochner Law Firm have been helping clients with the following estate planning tools:
- Simple and Complex Wills and Trusts
- Living Wills and Advanced Health Care Directives
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Family/Individual Business Arrangements
- Powers of Attorney
- Charitable Trusts
Our knowledgeable Chicago-area estate planning attorneys will meet with you to discuss your goals and objectives. After a careful evaluation, we will suggest various options that will help you to accomplish your objectives, which may include:
- The use of wills and trusts to transfer property to specific beneficiaries upon your death
- Powers of attorney that will appoint your chosen nominee to manage your property and make health care decisions in the event that you become incapacitated
- Tax minimization and creditor protection through the creation of trusts
- Avoidance of lengthy and costly probate procedures
Each client’s situation and objectives are different and we pride ourselves on providing individualized legal advice and personalized client service. Our compassionate Northbrook estate planning attorneys take the time to listen to our clients’ concerns and objectives in order to meet their needs and objectives.
Maintaining an Up-to-Date Estate Plan
It is essential to keep estate planning documents up to date. Oftentimes, people will fail to update estate planning documents, including wills and trusts, following a major life event. Periodic review of estate planning documents is important in order to ensure that the objectives expressed in the documents are still accurate. Accordingly, our attentive Northbrook estate planning attorneys provide a free annual review of estate planning documents for our existing clients. The following are examples of the types of events that may warrant a revision to estate planning documents:
- Change in net worth or nature of assets
- Changes in tax law (or other applicable law)
- Change in trustee, executor, guardian, or agent of any estate planning documents
- Health changes in circumstances of any beneficiaries
- Birth, adoption or death in the family or among beneficiaries
- Marriage, legal separation, divorce, or civil union of you or a family member
- Relocation out of state
- Minor children or grandchildren have reached adulthood
The Wochner Law Firm is conveniently located along the Edens Expressway in Northbrook, Illinois. We represent clients throughout the Chicagoland area, including Cook and Lake counties, and the cities of Winnetka, Glencoe, Northfield, Glenview, Deerfield, Highland Park, Highwood, Lake Forest, Lincolnshire, and Evanston, with all of their estate planning needs. Contact The Wochner Law Firm at (847) 272-7360 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Chicago-area estate planning attorneys.